This course is designed for new or experienced healthcare personnel who intend to work or are presently working in Operation Theatres and/or Intensive Care Units of Healthcare Facilities. Individuals who are responsible for operation of Anesthetic and Ventilation Equipment are strongly recommended to attend this training
To provide participants with the basic knowledge and practical experience needed in order to be able to carry out operation tests, inspection, and user maintenance procedures of life support breathing and ventilation equipment as applied to healthcare industries such as hospitals, medical equipment manufacturing, servicing & sales companies and medical research Centers.
This course covers introductions and practical equipment aspects of the following:
- Anesthesia Machine
- Ventilation Equipment
By the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Describe and explain the principles of Anesthesia.
- List the commonly used medical gases and explain the safe working practices associated with anesthetics and medical gases.
- Describe and explain the principles of respiration, breathing systems, and ventilation.
- Describe the functional operation of anesthetic equipment and ventilation equipment and their associated devices.
- Carry out inspection, testing, fault finding and maintenance of anesthetic equipment and ventilation devices in accordance manufacturers’ information.
* Degree/Diploma in Electronics, Medicine, and Hospital Administration and any relevant discipline in Healthcare
* Any hospital staff responsible for operation, maintenance and management of medical equipment
Duration: 1 week (5 days)
Course Fee: $150
- Lectures by Qualified Trainers
- Hands-on Practical Experience
- User-based training with the Instructor
- Lectures through PowerPoint presentations
A Certificate will be awarded to all trainees upon successfully completing the course module