This course is aimed at staff involved in the testing and inspection of medical equipment who require an update or refresher
To provide participants a good understanding of the philosophy behind Safety Testing of Bio-medical equipment. This understanding will then enable participants to select and practically apply appropriate electrical testing techniques to a range of equipment.
This course covers introductions to and the Principles of Patient Safety Testing of Bio-medical Equipment. This course involves a large element of practical work during which course participants use Test Equipment to perform Electrical Safety Testing on various medical equipment.
By the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Describe and explain the physiological effects of electricity on the body.
- List the hazards of electrical medical equipment and identify their causes
- Knowledge about standards and guidance relating to biomedical equipment electrical safety.
- Describe and explain biomedical equipment classification and type.
- Describe and explain biomedical equipment electrical safety protocols.
- Carry out electrical safety and acceptance testing across a variety of different biomedical equipment in accordance with relevant standards and manufacturer’s information.
* Degree/Diploma in Electronics, Medicine, and Hospital Administration and any relevant discipline in Healthcare
* Any hospital staff responsible for operation, maintenance and management of medical equipment
Duration: 3 days
- Lectures by qualified trainers
- Hands-on practical experience on equipment
- PowerPoint presentation
- User/Service manuals used as references
A Certificate will be awarded to all trainees upon successfully completing the course